Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 3

Sunday and Monday got away from me, so I played catch-up today. I decided to strike the most over-whelming collection first...my clothes! I needed to let go of 21 items for Sunday, Monday, and today.

Total items purged: 109!

That's not a joke. I got rid of 109 pieces of clothing. a) It's disgusting that I even own that much. b) I can't believe I can get rid of 109 things and still have a functional wardrobe. I'm only allowing clothes to account for Week 1, no matter how many pieces there are. And, quite honestly, I have this hunch that I've barely scratched the surface.

So, here's where I'm banking on some kind of audience. I have 109 things that need a new home. If, by the end of the week, I haven't made a personal connection with anyone who needs these things, I'm going to make a visit to the Blue Ridge Women's Shelter. But, I would much rather personally find a new owner for this stuff. So, if you, Sweet Reader, know of a good home for these things, let me know! I'll get it there.

With that being said, if you know of any physical need in our community during this month, please let me know. There are several others who are participating in 7, so if I can't personally meet the need, I'll be glad to work my magic with my little 7 circle! :)

On a completely un-related topic, my kid starting crawling this weekend. Bring on the baby gate...which I frequently trip over on the way down my stairs. Praise the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! We are planning on having a yard sale in the spring to help fund our adoption process. If you can't find a home for your clothes and would like to donate anything to our yard sale we would be glad to take it off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to come up with an idea, but I like the Crockett adoption idea. I also like the baby crawling. Skype us for a few minutes sometime so we can see. Our niece is sitting up and laughing at paper. We're enjoying it all from a distance

    ReplyDelete